Furness Building Society - Mortgage Intermediary Terms of Business
The following are the general terms of business for intermediaries upon which we intend to rely. When you join our panel you will be deemed to have agreed to them. Should you fail to comply, Furness Building Society reserves the right to remove you from its mortgage intermediary panel, irrespective of any other action taken.
By Joining the Furness Building Society Mortgage Intermediary Panel you are agreeing to the following:
- To ensure that you always have your customer’s authority to act on their behalf, and their permission to pass information to Furness Building Society. The Society reserves the right to contact the customer.
- That you accept that it is your responsibility to ensure your customer is fully aware, that by applying for a Decision in Principle (DIP) or a full application, Furness Building Society will undertake a credit search on all applicants. At DIP stage the Society will only undertake a “soft” credit search however if this progresses to a full application a further credit search will be required which will leave a footprint on the applicant(s) credit file.
- To advise all customers of what will happen to their personal data and what, if anything, will be disclosed to other parties. No disclosure of personal data will be allowed without prior consent of the customer.
- For regulated business you have all the appropriate authorisations from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to submit applications.
- To only submit business for your own customers and not to process or submit any business through us on behalf of another adviser.
- To Furness Building Society undertaking appropriate checks before being appointed to the Furness Building Society Mortgage Intermediary Panel (these checks may include undertaking appropriate credit and business searches or contacting Mortgage Clubs or Networks).
By submitting this form the Intermediary confirms the following:
In accordance with current Money Laundering Regulations, I will have undertaken appropriate ‘Know Your Customer’ checks including the verification of identity and recording the details of all mortgage applicants before passing applications to The Furness.
Information Furness Building Society holds about me and how I use the online site may be used for monitoring and management information purposes. This may be shared with the management team within my own organisation.
I indemnify Furness Building Society in respect of any liability, losses, damages or costs it may incur arising from a breach of my warranties and/or obligations, imposed by these terms of business, or by reason of any misrepresentation or negligent, or fraudulent act or default by me.
I agree to accept and comply with the Furness Building Society’s Mortgage Intermediary Terms of Business.